Sunday, October 18, 2009

ART SHOW

                                                            Just by the days September brought the Spring to Quissamã, we started a very shy and basic Art Show of the works of our small  Art Class of Sobradinho at Quissamã RJ. 
     Though we had little to show, this little expressed the efforts of Professor Kennedy to teach and the devotion of some students to learn the techniques of Air-painting, Canvas, Plaster Sculpture painting, Coal on Paper and Crayon.    I took three drawings on black and white using coal and black pencil that I produced there during the last week I was at Quissamã. There were also the paintings on cloth, small towels that the ladies of third age produced and these beautiful and useful collections were left on a table for the public to see.
      I will miss those guys. Good teacher, good classmates and the good expresso coffee from Dona Andréa and Dona Vera.  Rubens, the most hardworking of all students took some of his paintings. I could see in his eyes that he was proud to show his works of art.
      The pictures were being shown for a week at the main hall of Sobradinho. I want to express my thanks and gratitude to Kennedy and I have to admit that although I spent a few months there I could see what a respectful and serious social service the Quissamã City Hall, the Prefeitura, is doing for the community using Sobradinho as a base to gather young people, boys and girls and keep them away from surrounding evil by giving them music classes, painting classes, dancing and theather information.       For all my life will have that little classroom in my mind.    So simple, so small but so full of dreams, knowledge and voyages, many colored voyages as Kennedy used to say.
       One of these days, despite of the 1.700 km that separate Brasília from Quissamã, I will spread the wings of my imagination and let my mind fly to there and visit my friends at Sobradinho and who knows, I could draw some happy faces with those nice pencils and inks, have a hot coffee and a giant cheese pie. Laugh a lot with them and of course, after all the studies and very hard work, clean all the room, place the brushes and stuff back to their places and very tired go to that bar at the corner praying to be lucky and find that they have not yet ran out of chopp which they are always in lack of, call up my friends and say: I'm already here waiting for you "to help me with this heavy load, please don't you be very long."
                                                                                                                     

No comments: