Sunday, September 6, 2009

Intentions and Perceptions

     Necessarily I have to ask whether anybody's perceptions will ever meet my intentions. Here I go again in lack of balance.
     So, sharing my astigmatismized point of view with all beings whose intentions are good and who are often misunderstood, I have to ask: what about perceptions?
     Don't we, victims, sometimes get our fellows’ intentions wrong as well? Certainly! We should play the reverse game to understand how it feels to have one's face burning due to a tough reply received from someone you love or even a stranger who mixed up things.
     I think the point is: "If you don't want to run the risk of having your good intentions cruelly butchered by   someone's perception, stay in bed and shut up your face."
     If you assume the responsibility for talking to people, playing jokes with friends, discussing candidates' debates, saying your thoughts about religion, showing your point of view about homosexual rights, feminism, alcoholism or any other isms and conflicting themes, be sensible! Be sure you'll be walking that path which was described by Saint Bernard of Clair Vaux (1091-1153), as "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".  
     I'm still stubbornly trying  to find the balance between these two historical antagonistic Latin terms as they come dangerouly to life.  Anyway, I hope my perceptions will kindly welcome my intentions!

No comments: