Monday, September 21, 2009


Waiting for the party


            Whenever returning home from a party a question should be brought: what was the best part of it: the party itself or that period of time waiting for it.
            The same logical thought may be applied for the weekends, friendship contacts, visits to restaurants, vacation tours, marriages, or a film or a book release. And most of all: Why is it so?   So my blog is about equilibrium and this is what I’m trying to deal with here.
            Building expectations is generally the planting of the seeds of frustrations. Waiting for it and being there are two functions to be seen as parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system harmonious balance facts. One force is pulling and the other is pushing. That makes the balance. If by any reason one of them is strengthened, it will unbalance the situation and the opposite of the expected will take place.
            If you are the one that gives the party, instead of pleasure you experience terror fearing what guests will say if anything goes wrong and if you are a guest you will surely say something was missing and over look what was available.
            And I feel so good when I’m not invited to any party that’s rolling on. But it was not always so. As says Ariano Suassuna, “I was too shy to impose my will on others” but now my white hairs allows me like a passport, may be because of my condition of retired bank manager or maybe my ancient presence and old fashioned opinions are not necessary any more, I really feel so free to say I hate parties and I don’t want to go to any. Of course I still have to fulfill my prior engagements, keep my commitments and agreements going on…
            But that is already an achievement of balance! To be able to choose as you please.  It took time. It was not easy. But it’s true. I don’t have to care what anyone will think about me. I just will not do what I don’t want if I have the choice!  My will - what I do. It is surely equilibrium.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always thought "I was too polite to impose my will on others..." Perhaps you're right and I do have to impose my will... but this is a two way road that can lead us to some places (not necessarily good ones)
But you made your point. You don't like parties, fair enough.

I'm still looking for my party... THE PARTY, that I'll be like Peter, except for the elephant, I don't mess with Lord Ganesha.